Ubuntu Linux use in the process of some small skills
01) Enable root user password
sudo passwd root
You will be prompted to enter a new password, and enable it.
02) Disable root account
sudo passwd-l root
03) to allow root user login GNOME (not recommended)
After the opening of the root,
Open the "System → system Management → Login Window", select "Security." Check the "Allow local system administrator login"
04) Auto Login GNOME (this is said to insecurity)
However, this would be very convenient at times do not have to enter the password login.
Open "System -> System Management -> login window", select "Security." Check the "automatically log in" and select a user.
05) to change file / folder permissions
Right-click the file or folder. Choose Properties → Permissions page.
Here for owner, group and other, respectively, check the read, write, the implementation of several options.
06) to change file / folder owner
The new owners sudo chown username / file or folder location
07) in GRUB after the installation of Windows Start Menu
Look here "after reinstalling windows can not enter ubuntu"
08) to prevent the vfat file system check fsck
Each boot, the system always detect Windows (vfat) partition, the better for some time, if you do not want fsck check at boot time Windows (vfat) partition (sometimes this kind of inspection will have a number of error messages), you can edit / etc / fstab file will be the first pass of the six parameters into a 0, of course, to the root user or root access only to change the permissions, can also be used in this order:
sudo gedit / etc / fstab
09) How to remove the desktop shortcut icon Zoning
In the ubuntu desktop, there are various partition the hard drive icon, such as had5, had6, had7 and so on, although they bring a certain degree of convenience, but these are in the upper right corner of the "location" menu to find, in order to removed if:
In the terminal, type "gconf-editor" and press Enter,
To find apps -> nautilus -> desktop
Volumes visible to the back of the hook can be removed
What is the procedure and want to create shortcuts directly from the menu onto the desktop where it will do.
10) to change the GRUB boot menu system
Ubuntu installed, the system automatically lead to Ubuntu, after waiting for 10 seconds to enter Ubuntu. And many people are double-loaded system, and hope that automatically lead to Windows, it can be changed.
sudo cp / boot / grub / menu.lst / boot / grub / menu.lst_backup
sudo gedit / boot / grub / menu.lst
Further search of the lines of text
Replace this line with the following
Save edited file.
Note: X_sequence mean that your operating system, the number of entries (from 0, that is, the first is the "0", the second is "1", "Other operating system" is still like.)
11) Add Program menu
To add a menu, and newcomers who will frown, see above lumaqq, avast steps add menu is really ... ...
But do not fear, this is actually very easy things can be fixed up.
.1) Editor to open the menu: Applications - Annex-Alacarte Menu Editor;
.2) Choose to be added to the sequence;
.3) Open: File - New article only / new menu
.4) In the "name" in the menu to fill in name, and then in the "order" from the "Browse" in the document you want to visit;
.5) If necessary, and then select the icon;
.6) Finally, to determine. . . . .
Install software in linux, we will look at this
http://forum.ubuntu.org.cn/viewtopic.php?t=7619&highlight =% E5% 9C% A8linux% E4% B8% 8B% E5% AE% 89% E8% A3% 85% E8% BD% AF % E4% BB% B6
Learning Ubuntu, and happen to see this
http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/% E5% A6% 82% E4% BD% 95% E4% BD% BF% E7% 94% A8% E6% 96% B0% E7% AB% 8B% E5 % BE% 97
However, in Ubuntu, the installation of software is actually very simple:
.1) If you know you want to install the package name, simply enter the command terminal: apt-get install *** (package name)
.2) If the software has been downloaded deb package, then double-click on the line.
In addition, the software in the linux system, there are a lot of rpm, this package can not be directly used in Ubuntu, if want to use it to convert rpm packages deb package
.. 1) of which will be installed rpm package into a deb package alien gadget
apt-get install alien
.. 2) to enter the directory where the rpm, type the command
alien xxx.rpm (converted to deb packages of rpm files)
Catalog can be generated in a xxx.deb, then you double-click on it.
- ubuntu uninstall and install software
- Ubuntu Linux operating system wikipedia mirror the establishment of
- Test: Ubuntu progress beyond the new version of Windows
- How to install USB on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
- Ubuntu Getting Started Series 3, Ubuntu use
- Ubuntu Linux operating system after the installation of custom settings
- Ubuntu Linux install video surveillance system approach
- Ubuntu Linux 7.04 installed RealPlayer method
- Ubuntu installed on the system in the RPM package format method
- Since the definition of self-learning course using the Ubuntu operating system
- Sbackup backup and recovery using Ubuntu Linux
- Ubuntu Linux is installed in the Java and Eclipse
- Linux Ubuntu operating system in the practical skills
- Ubuntu Linux operating system, the process of learning and experience
- Ubuntu use sudo command for the allocation of management authority
- Ubuntu 6.10 Linux php + mysql web configuration
- Ubuntu Linux operating system, user management
- Ubuntu Linux under a number of excellent tools to introduce
- Ubuntu Linux use in the process of some small skills
- Ubuntu Linux use in the process of some small skills
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Rating: Not yet rated