Come take a look at how to speed up XP boot speed
Windows 2000, XP, 2003 systems will sometimes turn itself off the hard drive DMA mode, automatic switch to PIO mode! This has resulted in the use of the above system, a sudden drop in hard drive performance, the most obvious phenomenon: the system significantly slower starting speed, in general, the normal Windows XP boot time that the movement from left to right slider up to take 2 ~ 4 sub-system will start, but the problem occurs, you may take 5 to 8 times or more! But also in the running system when the hard disk operation is obviously feeling slowed, in some large software running CPU usage 100% from time to time arising from a standstill, play some large-scale 3D games (such as Need for Speed 6) The screen had a clear pause ( Many people then thought my graphics card, of course, if you are using a graphics card three years ago to play these games are a bit old, but if you are using a graphics card until this year it would not be GF bought it a problem), appear to be happening when we had better take a look at their own hard drive DMA mode is not being shut down Windows systems on their own. See your system is turned on DMA mode:
1. Double-click "Administrative Tools", then double-click "Computer Management";
2. Click "System Tools" and then click "Device Manager";
3. Expand "IDE ATA / ATAPI Controllers" node;
4. Double-click your "primary IDE Controller";
5. Click "Advanced Settings."
See the "Device 0", the following transfer mode should be set to "DMA (if available)", and then following the "current transfer mode", if it is "Ultra DMA Mode * (* for digital, DMA33 for 2, DMA66 4, DMA100 for 5, DMA133 6) ", then your system normal, but if you have previously set up your own is the" Ultra DMA Mode 6 "has not changed, and now is the" Ultra DMA Mode 4 ", or" Ultra DMA Mode 2 " More or "PIO Mode" and change it! The system itself may be shut down DMA mode.
Analysis of issues:
Well, first, that the problem is how it generated. In Windows 2000/XP/2003 in such a setting: Windows IDE / ATAPI port driver (Atapi.sys) receives a cumulative total of six time-out or cyclical redundancy check (CRC) error, the driver reduces the communications speed (transfer mode) from the highest Direct Memory access (DMA) mode step by step reduced to slower DMA modes. If the driver continues to receive time-out or CRC errors, the driver eventually reduced to the transfer mode to the slowest mode (PIO mode).
The problem here! Generally speaking, there will be a normal little hard drive out or cyclical redundancy check (CRC) errors, but when we use these systems to hang (also known as sleep) and restore the computer can easily result in time-out or cyclical redundancy check (CRC) error. Because the system time-out value set to 4 seconds, when the system sent to the ATA disk read request response time if the hard disk more than 4 seconds will produce time-out value, time-out or cyclical redundancy check (CRC) errors, but Because the system hang (also known as sleep), the hard disk is in the stall state, when you resume the computer from the hard disk has a stop to the movement, which is likely to result most of the hard disk response time in more than four seconds of the timeout value.
That is when we use the computer after the system will hang six times the communications speed (the transfer mode) from the highest Direct Memory Access (DMA) mode step by step reduced to slower DMA modes. If you hang more than 6 times the driver eventually reduced to the transfer mode to the slowest mode (PIO mode). This is the Windows system, the reasons for the sudden slow down.
After the success: The main IDE controller and secondary IDE controller, all turned into English, and the normal Windows XP boot time that the movement from left to right slider up to take two times the system will start, but the problem occurs5～10！
And there is no high-level set that one on, it will no longer appear for modes of transmission from the highest Direct Memory Access DMA reduced to the slowest mode (PIO mode).
Editor's note: Not all the phenomena into the system slower hard drive models are kicking up clouds of trouble oh.
Windows XP Application Articles
- Let Windows XP "System Restore" also can be a little smarter
- Use WinXP for a long time Winlogon do you know?
- Microsoft Windows XP Service Xiangjie
- The use of U disk to bypass the login password into the system WindowsXP
- Win XP system automatically updates the event of failure often the solution
- Common file name suffix Daquan
- Common file name suffix Daquan
- Using Windows XP Remote Shutdown
- Come take a look at how to speed up XP boot speed
- Windows XP Virus Protection feature is enabled the system problem
- The operating system "search" function are null and void
- Did you know? XP comes with malware clean-up programs
- How to bypass the login password into the Windows XP system
- Win XP can not access the LAN Settings and Solutions
- Get a "virtual memory" Let the system run more free and easy
- Windows take a look at these Dongdong you uninstall it?
- PC card failure after overclocking solution
- Excluded from the system to boot Win XP 10 strokes failure
- XP folder when Enhances Xpress-on color
- So that books on how to use the notebook more convenient and flexible replacement of IP
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Rating: Not yet rated