XviD Codec Setup
Select "XviD MPEG-4 Codec" (Tip: If you do not want converted to XViD format, you can choose any other encoding format). Click on "Configure" button, you can see the window below. In this article we only provide information on "2-Pass" Introduction encoded as DivX if you have done before the conversion, then the other way for you code is very easy. Please refer to the introduction Koepi to obtain more detailed content of the professional: Koepi's XviD Options Explained Guide (if the download link has a problem, please try to visit the following address: this site)
Here you can choose what to use XviD encoding mode.
"1-pass" model has the following categories:
"1 Pass - CBR: the entire film using a fixed stream of static
"1 Pass - quality: allows you to set the video quality, the whole screen each frame of film using the same compression ratio. Quantizer (the details of compression degrees) fluctuations occur. Compression level set based on the quality (from 0-100).
"1 Pass - quantizer: and" 1 Pass - quality "similar to, but quantizer (the details of compression degree) is a fixed value. Compress quantizer based on the level settings.
In this introduction, we will use the "2-Pass" encoding, because it gives us a more accurate final file size, and the best quality of generated code (in the paper the case of the same size).
2-pass Encoding - The First Pass:
1. "Encoding Mode" option to select "2 Pass - 1st pass"
2. Click on "Advanced Option" button, the system pop-up window the following:
3. With regard to the interpretation of this section set:
o Motion search precision - used to set the XviD encoder at the specified rate / file size so the number of cases, "work" in order to determine the quality of coding. Set higher means better quality, usually in - the selection of low-quality code "5-Very High"; when you select "6 - Ultra High" will obtain the best quality, but the encoding speed will drop (about 10%).
o Quantizer type - choose "H.263" will be in the - low-key down to make the image more smooth (the "Motion search precision" select "5 - Very High" with a very good time). When is a high-bit-stream should select "MPEG" (now "Motion search precision" should be set to "6 - Ultra High"). The other two options "MPEG-Custom" and "Modulated" for expert users, if you are an expert, you should know how to set up:)
o FourCC used - FourCC code for determining a good film you what codec to play, the default value is "XviD", which means that will use the "XviD directshow filters", to ensure maximum quality and compatibility. You can also choose to use "DivX 4.x" or "5.x" decoder to playback the movies you completed, but they may not be able to play normal.
o Maximum I-frame interval - MPEG video coding used in the I-frame (that is, we are familiar with the key frames, the frame in all the frames were recorded information), P-frame (frame prediction for images placed on the subsequent forecast information) and B-frames (bi-directional prediction frame for the placement of the images in front of and behind the projection information - this frame will bring the best picture quality, unfortunately, XviD is still does not support B-Frames).
If you wish to drag in players can be time, then in fact the film just to reach the nearest keyframe before the beginning of play, so a movie should not be used only very few key frames, because you will not be able to easily Drag the movie. Keyframe will automatically transform the scene from the encoder into the film frame, but must understand that when the scene is almost no change, the drag is also possible. Set the key frame will be 10 times the frames per second (for example: 240,250,300), which means that we at least every 10 seconds there will be a key frame, every time you drag the movie at least 10 seconds.
4. Click on "Two Pass" tab, you can see the contents of the following plans:
5. With regard to the interpretation of this section set:
o Minimum I-frame interval - as above the "Maximum I-Frame interval", as set up here in the two key frames should be at least the number of frames. When we set the key frames per second at the same time has brought about is another consequence of the decline in the quality of the screen. The default value is "6", seems to work very well, so do not have to change it.
o Discard first pass - in the "fist pass" the course is usually a avi file to generate the document in general no use (as in the status file (see below) has already included in the "second pass" in all the information needed. this The default option is selected, you can keep it unchanged.
o Hinted ME - This feature is similar to DivX5.X of MV (motion vector) records, can improve the "2nd pass" encoding speed.
o 1st pass stats - here designated storage records / state documents, the document will be behind the "second pass" to provide the necessary information (see below).
6. In the "Credits" tab, we can specify the beginning of the film at the end of his staff and the location of the table (Note: The content in this period, we do not need to maintain a high-definition), so you can reduce the content of these two definition in order to reduce the generation of the final document size. There are three main ways for the staff table can reduce the file size, quantizer (quality of the staff table region is mainly based on the removal of details, the low value of the quantizer means to remove relatively small details, which will bring more paper size ), percentage (quality / size of the credits as a percentage of the movie bitrate) and set size (credits are of a set size). If you want to use quantizer mode, you should select the I-Frame/P-Frame quantizer settings right now (keep in mind that the lower value of the quantizer better quality / larger file size), In addition, we can also wait until the "second pass" when doing these settings (see below).
7. Now we put an end to the "first pass" of the set
2-pass Encoding - The Second Pass:
1. "Encoding Mode:" select "2 Pass - 2nd pass Int." F
2. Desired size (Kbytes) - This is the use of DivX and XviD in different places. DivX is the designation of a stream, and use a calculator to calculate the stream of the final document size, and XviD for you to do everything. In essence, this set up (roughly) you specify the final file size (only contains the video, not including audio), unit is KB (1 Kbyte = 1024 Bytes; 1 MB = 1024 Kbytes). Of course, the smaller the file size, means that the worse the image quality.
3. Click on "Advanced Option" button, you can see the contents of the following:
4. Enable lumi masking - this option is similar to DivX 5.X the "psychological visual enhancement technology" (psychovisual enhancement feature), also similar to compressed mp3's for the human ear can not hear the frequency of the filter technology, but This is for the human eye can not distinguish between the removal of information. However, DivX5.X as the "psychological vision" (psychovisual), the picture may be distorted, so if it is not on the file size to reduce the demand for an urgent, it is best not to use.
5. Click on "Quantization" tab, you can see the following:
6. As previously explained, the level quantizer (quantizer level) related to the movie screen to remove the degree of detail - the higher the level of the quantizer will have a lower picture quality settings to quantify the can change according to video to the (decision on the encoder) (For example: for a few details of the screen can use a higher-level quantizer). "Min / Max I / P-frame quantizer" allows you to set encoding settings in the highest and the lowest-level quantizer. "Min I / P-frame quantizer" default value may be too low, so you will be the best value to at least 2 (in the above chart). At the same time, you can reduce the "Max I / P-frame quantizer" to improve the quality of value, so that the problems brought about is: If you reduce the quantizer (quantizer) setting the scope of the available encoders-level quantizer will be reduced, therefore, the final generated document may slightly deviate from the volume you have in the "Desired size (Kbytes)" specified file size value. As mentioned above, "B-frames" in XviD is not available now, so on the "Max / Min B-frame" setting is now optional or not.
7. Click the "Two Pass" tab, you can see the following:
8. With regard to the interpretation of this section set:
o I-frame boost% - this setting is to give the "I-frame" (key frame) some additional space, the default value of 20% have been working very well and need no modification.
o Minimum I-frame interval - this value must be with you in the "first pass" (see above) the value specified in the agreement.
o Curve compression - unless you know what you are doing, or otherwise retain the default values. Simply put, these settings tell the encoder how to deal with high / low bit-stream of the scene. (According to the percentage removed from the scene of the number of bits of data, as well as the number of frames to compensate for the use of more than or less than the number of bits.
o Payback with bias - would be preferable to retain the default choice.
o Hinted ME - T This value must be with you in the "first pass" (see above) the value specified in the agreement.
o 1st pass stats - this value must be with you in the "first pass" (see above) the value specified in the agreement.
9. Click "Alt Curve" tab, you can see the following:
10. In this section, all options are used to the provisions of the encoder how to deal with low / high bit-stream of the technical details of the scene, so if you are not 100% understand how to set up, or leave the default values unchanged for. (Close "Use Alternative curve system")
Set on the interpretation of this section:
o Curve agression - This setting determines how to deal with low encoder / high frame stream. Set to "High", is biased in favor of low-bit-stream frame; settings "Low" is biased in favor of high-bit-stream frame. So I chose to "Medium" as opposed to the two extreme values, seems to be a compromise value.
o High distance from average% - this setting determines the high encoder stream of great importance to the frame, increase this value will pay more attention to high-encoder frame stream.
o Low distance from average% - this setting determines encoder stream of low degree of importance attached to the frame, reducing this value will pay more attention to low encoder frame stream.
o Strength% - the default value of "50" seems to be a very good value.
o Bonus bias - manually tune the parameters for the higher values mean more biased in favor of the encoder low frame stream.
11. The explanation mentioned above (see text), "his staff table" option allows you to set how to reduce the movie "my staff table," the quality of the paragraphs in order to reduce the file size. In the "first pass" for the following two new options have opened up: Desired% rate (staff form part of his quality / size in relation to the percentage of positive flow of the code); Starting / Ending size (KBytes) (my staff table volume settings). If you are in the "first pass" in the use of "I / P-frame quantizer" (you have to "first pass" set), then to retain the current settings with the "first pass" in the same settings).
12. Now we put an end to the "second pass" setting.