Another End to Back-button Tyranny
The well-known Dojo toolkit provides a solution for the infamous back button problem, but Mike Stenhouse demonstrates how to implement back button trapping yourself along with bookmarking support (via re-writing the browser URL) in a well-written article.
I've written a little script to try and fix the back button and
bookmarking issues common to some Ajax apps ...
Not the best use of AJAX, I know, but I'm just trying to demonstrate the
idea behind the fix ... Any feedback welcome.
Ajax Tutorial Articles
- Ajax on Rails
- IE Frame Bug
- Showcase: Google Maps, minus the alpha shadows, panning, and zooming
- Client-side state in IE ... what about Mozilla?
- Using Prototpe drag-and-drop features and saving the results
- Showcase: Ajax Calendar
- Showcase: The Nation Weather Service
- Ajax Isn't Web 2.0
- Another End to Back-button Tyranny
- Cloning Google Suggest with AjaxAC
- Ajaxian MP3 Player
- Ajaxian Command Prompt
- Firefox, Windows, and SVG
- Deer Park: Firefox 1.1 Alpha Release
- Technorati Beta: A touch of Ajax
- HTML 5 vs. XHTML 2
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Rating: Not yet rated