ESC is an ECMAScript pre-processor written in JScript, enabling an unlimited number of external scripts to be compressed / crunched into supertight, bandwidth-optimized packages. Featuring several compression-techniques such as comment removal, whitespace stripping, newline stripping and variable substitution ESC can reduce the overall size of your code with up to ~ 45%. Single, multiple scripts and even directories with scripts can be merged together at the compression level you decide.
ESC is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Very nice browser independent approach.
Ajax Tutorial Articles
- Ajax on Rails
- IE Frame Bug
- Showcase: Google Maps, minus the alpha shadows, panning, and zooming
- Client-side state in IE ... what about Mozilla?
- Using Prototpe drag-and-drop features and saving the results
- Showcase: Ajax Calendar
- Showcase: The Nation Weather Service
- Ajax Isn't Web 2.0
- Another End to Back-button Tyranny
- Cloning Google Suggest with AjaxAC
- Ajaxian MP3 Player
- Ajaxian Command Prompt
- Firefox, Windows, and SVG
- Deer Park: Firefox 1.1 Alpha Release
- Technorati Beta: A touch of Ajax
- HTML 5 vs. XHTML 2
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Rating: Not yet rated