Cloning Google Suggest with AjaxAC
Google Suggest was a close second to Google Maps in terms of its impact in my own web UI design. I had no idea that sophisticated auto-completetion could be done round-trip to a server fast enough to deliver a good user experience.
If you're doing Ajax on PHP, you can learn how to implement Google Suggest by reading Quentin Zervaas' article:
The article is at:
Ajax Tutorial Articles
- Ajax on Rails
- IE Frame Bug
- Showcase: Google Maps, minus the alpha shadows, panning, and zooming
- Client-side state in IE ... what about Mozilla?
- Using Prototpe drag-and-drop features and saving the results
- Showcase: Ajax Calendar
- Showcase: The Nation Weather Service
- Ajax Isn't Web 2.0
- Another End to Back-button Tyranny
- Cloning Google Suggest with AjaxAC
- Ajaxian MP3 Player
- Ajaxian Command Prompt
- Firefox, Windows, and SVG
- Deer Park: Firefox 1.1 Alpha Release
- Technorati Beta: A touch of Ajax
- HTML 5 vs. XHTML 2
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Rating: Not yet rated