Using Prototpe drag-and-drop features and saving the results
Don Wilson sent in a demo of using Prototype's drag-and-drop feature to reposition a grid of images and save the results using Sajax.
I've used Prototype's draggable contents Extension (found here: http://mir.aculo.us/demos/draggable2.html) in a project I'm Working on. It allows you to move around Images in a Grid and Update the mysql database using Sajax (xmlhttprequest). You can even upload a photo to test it out even more.
Ajax Tutorial Articles
- Ajax on Rails
- IE Frame Bug
- Showcase: Google Maps, minus the alpha shadows, panning, and zooming
- Client-side state in IE ... what about Mozilla?
- Using Prototpe drag-and-drop features and saving the results
- Showcase: Ajax Calendar
- Showcase: The Nation Weather Service
- Ajax Isn't Web 2.0
- Another End to Back-button Tyranny
- Cloning Google Suggest with AjaxAC
- Ajaxian MP3 Player
- Ajaxian Command Prompt
- Firefox, Windows, and SVG
- Deer Park: Firefox 1.1 Alpha Release
- Technorati Beta: A touch of Ajax
- HTML 5 vs. XHTML 2
Can't Find What You're Looking For?
Rating: Not yet rated